Professional social counselling aims to provide foreigners living in the territory of the capital city of Prague with key information regarding their integration into Czech society and help them with solving predefined life situations. In most cases, this includes topics related to employment, education, social security, healthcare, and housing.
What does social consulting usually concern?
- Looking for preschools, elementary and high schools, and communicating with them
- Recognition of foreign education
- Seeking physicians, information about health insurance
- Consultancy regarding marriage, births, deaths
- Assistance when looking for housing
- Assistance when looking for work and filling in forms and CVs
- Possibility of accompaniment to authorities and professional help when communicating with authorities
- Basic consultancy regarding pensions and social benefits
Professional social counseling of the Integration Centre Prague is a registered social service provided in accordance with Act No.108/2006 Coll.
For details on how the social service is provided, please click the button below.
To be able to provide you with social service, it is mandatory to conclude a Contract on the provision of social service. The contract can be concluded in writing or orally.
What to expect at the appointment?
- One session takes approximately sixty minutes. We are ready to schedule another one if necessary.
- Counselling service is provided face to face in the ICP offices (Praha 1, Praha 13, Praha 14) or online (via Skype or over the phone).
- Remember to bring your identification document with you to the first appointment (a passport, a residence permit).
- We can arrange a free interpreting service if necessary.
The service provided is FREE OF CHARGE.
How satisfied were you with the service?
Tell us about your experience with the provided service in written or oral form. Your written feedback can be put into our “mailbox of confidence” installed in the entrance area of the ICP building, sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Žitná 1574/51, 110 00 Praha 1. Your oral feedback, be it positive or negative (complaints), can be given directly to the social worker, the service manager, and the ICP director. Complaints are usually handled by the consulting manager within 14 days after their registration. For further information, visit our website or contact us.
What are the aims of the social service?
The main aim is that a client-foreigner gets a grasp of their situation and knows its possible solutions.
Amongst other aims are:
- to strengthen foreigners’ self-reliance and abilities when dealing with an unfavorable life situation
- to prevent foreigners’ social isolation and help foreigners’ faster integration into Czech society through assistance, support and provision of key information contributing to the solution of unfavorable social situation
- Requesting a different assistant (social worker)
- Setting the goal of our partnership
- Giving feedback
- Privacy rights
- Personal data protection
What are our principles?
- Free services
- Supporting clients’ self-reliance
- Setting individual goals
- Apology in advance if missing the appointment
- Active participation in accomplishing the set goal
- Respectful behaviour