In the case of unfavorable development of the epidemiological situation, all standard attendance courses will be carried out online!
- Online courses are carried out via the Zoom app (we recommend downloading and getting to know the app before the courses start)
- A video recording of each session will be taken. This recording is solely for the purposes of carrying out activities related to the AMIF/28/03 project.
- There will be an in-person meeting before starting the course, where we’ll check and verify your valid ID (biometric card, passport etc.) and you’ll sign the necessary documents to participate in the course. Participation in this meeting is mandatory.
- Before the first lesson, students will receive an email with login details for Zoom
- Conversation course is intended for students who already have some knowledge of Czech and want to practice spoken language.
- We open courses twice a year – March and September
- There are two conversation courses each semester
- The course is intended for students at A2/B1 level
- For students over 15 years old
- Approximately 15 students per group
- The course is intended for any student, regardless of their native language (i.e. groups can consist of Slavic and non-Slavic speakers)
- A total of 50 teaching hours (50 times 45 minutes)
- 1 lesson = 2 teaching hours (90 minutes)
- 2 lessons per week
- A total of 13 weeks
- 25 conversational topics, a mix of topics found in certificate exams and current topics (e.g. family, accommodation, environmental protection etc.). There are a few “on-request topic” lessons in the syllabus, on the topic of which the tutor agrees directly with the students.
- During lessons, materials prepared by the tutor are used (textbook is not needed)
- Before starting the course, there’ll be a so-called placement lesson, during which the course tutor selects a homogenous study group according to their language level (see below). Participation in this lesson is mandatory.
- The course takes place in the classroom of Integration Centre Prague at Žitná 51, Prague 1 (online in case of unfavorable development of the epidemiological situation)
- Each course will use the Google Classroom platform to share additional study materials
- Each student pays a 2000 CZK motivational deposit, which will be refunded at the end of the course if their attendance was at least 70%
- You cannot repeatedly attend this course
- Lessons are held in the Czech language
How to register?
Registration involves the following steps:
Signing up into the system
30. 8. – 5. 9. 2021
Click the green button below to open an online system for registration into the Czech language courses
Fill out your personal data and take a placement exam to determine your Czech language level. If you’ve already signed up into the system before, then just log in with your login details and take the exam.
Based on your score from the exam, the system will show you a schedule of courses corresponding to your level. Out of these, pick only one and sign up for it.
You may choose to enroll in a different course until 11:59 pm on the 5th of September. Further changes cannot be done on the day of the course lottery.
8. 9. 2021
Out of the registered enrollees, 20 will be chosen and invited (via email) to participate in a placement lesson, during which the course tutor will select a homogenous study group. The placement lesson will take place on the 10th of March. Participation in this lesson is mandatory.
During this lesson, we’ll also check and verify your valid ID (biometric card, passport etc.).
You can see the results of the placement lesson in the registration system after logging in on the 10th of September. You’ll also receive an email confirming the results.
If you are successfully selected for the course, you’ll also receive an email with details on the payment of the motivational deposit.
Payment of the motivational deposit and participation in the first lesson
Before starting the course, you’ll pay a 2 000 CZK motivational deposit.
If you’re selected for the course, the system will show payment details (account number and variable symbol) and the deadline for the motivational deposit payment. When paying the deposit, do not forget to fill in your unique variable symbol.
After receiving the motivational deposit, you’ll receive a confirmation of payment.
The motivational deposit will be returned to you if your attendance is at least 70%.
Your registration for the courses will be finalized by attending the first lesson and signing the Agreement on course participation.