Standard courses for Slavic speakers
Courses are offered in both in-person and online formats
- Online courses are carried out via the Zoom app (we recommend downloading and getting to know the app before the courses start)
- A video recording of each session will be taken. This recording is solely for the purposes of carrying out activities related to the Integrační centrum Praha X project.
- Before the first lesson, students will receive an email with login details for Zoom.
- In-person courses take place in the classrooms of Integration Centre Prague on Žitná 51, some courses may take place in other city districts.
We open standard courses for the A1 and A2 levels.
A1 level is intended for complete beginners with no knowledge of the Czech language (who have never studied Czech) and for students with an elementary knowledge of Czech (e.g. students, who have taken a few lessons and know basic daily life phrases)
A2 level is intended for lower-intermediate students, who have already passed an A1 language course (whether in ICP or another organization or language school)
- Courses are intended for students over 15 years old.
- We open courses twice a year
- Each study group has 15 students
- A total of 100 teaching hours (100 times 45 minutes)
- 1 lesson = 3 teaching hours (2h 15m)
- 2 lessons a week
- A total of 34 lessons – roughly 17 weeks
- Each course will use the Google Classroom platform to share additional study materials
- You can only register for the courses via the online registration system (see detailed info and the earliest possible date below)
- You will find the schedule (for both in-person and online courses) for different level courses in the registration system during the registration week.
- Each student needs to pay a motivational deposit of 2,000 CZK, which will be returned to them at the end of the course if they attend a minimum of 70% of the classes as well as successfully pass the final test.
- You cannot repeatedly attend a course of the same level
- Lessons are held in the Czech language.
- A1 level: “Česky krok za krokem 1”
- A2 level: “Česky krok za krokem 1”
Students acquire the textbooks themselves. We recommend only buying the textbook after the first lesson.
How to register?
Registration involves the following steps:
Signing up into the system
26. 2. – 3. 3. 2024
Click the green button below to open an online system for registration into the Czech language courses
Fill out your personal data and take a placement exam to determine your Czech language level. If you’ve already signed up into the system before, then just log in with your login details and take the exam.
Based on your score from the exam, the system will show you a schedule of courses corresponding to your level. Out of these, pick only one and sign up for it. Attention! The system will offer you the schedule for both offline and online courses, make sure you choose an online course correctly.
Out of these, pick only one and sign up for it.
You may choose to enroll in a different course until 11:59 pm on the 3rd of March. Further changes cannot be done on the day of the course lottery.
4. – 5. 3. 2024
The system will randomly select 15 participants and 10 alternate participants from the list of enrollees for each course.
You’ll see the results of the lottery in the registration system after logging in on the 6th of March. The lottery results will only be available in the registration system, so don’t forget to log in on that day.
In case you are selected, you will also see the details on the payment of the motivational deposit in the registration system.
Paying the motivational deposit and checking the ID
Before starting the course, you’ll pay a 2 000 CZK motivational deposit.
If you’re selected for the course, the system will show payment details (account number and variable symbol) and the deadline for the motivational deposit payment. When paying the deposit, do not forget to fill in your unique variable symbol.
After receiving the motivational deposit, you’ll receive a confirmation of payment.
The motivational deposit will be returned to students at the end of the course if they attend a minimum of 70% of the classes as well as successfully pass the final test.
Your registration for the courses will be finalized when we check and verify your valid ID (biometric card, passport etc.)